Sunday, August 24, 2008

Samuel of the Corn

Sorry I've been away from the blog site this past week! I'm back now, though, and I should have some pretty good posts coming up!

So, this past week I went and picked corn out at Betty and Larry Jagger's house...now we have corn for a long, long time! Mommy even froze several bags of corn so we can grub on the yummy yellow stuff during the fall and winter! Now that is what I call sweet! I know that daddy is happy about this because he loves fresh corn!

I also went to Brady Abell's baptism on Saturday evening...that was really fun! There were four kids that were baptized on Saturday...on my baptism I was the only one there...it was fun to see everyone at the baptism, and I was talking like I usually do! After the service we drove over to daddy's old stomping grounds, Hodgenville, and enjoyed some food and fun at the Newton's house...there were a bunch of people there and we were eating around the pool...I got to watch people swimming and playing cornhole and talking about sports...fun, fun, fun!

So now the next week is about to start....mommy and daddy get off next Monday for Labor Day and I can't wait for that! Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Aunt Janet said...

You sure do look like a good corn picker. Hope you didn't get cut by the corn blades. They can really be sharp. Corn sounds like a good thing to have later on during the winter. I can't wait to see you when I'm in E'town. Miss you, little guy.